Easyjet Hand Luggage Allowance – Dimensions and Weight Restrictions
Easyjet allows just one piece of hand baggage per passenger, only bags measuring up to 50 x 40 x 20cm are guaranteed to be allowed into the aircraft cabin, bags larger than this but within the maximum dimensions of 56 x 45 x 25cm may have to be put in the hold if the flight is busy, there is no fee if this is the case.
There is a gauge to check the size of your bag at check in and in the departure lounge, if your bag will not comfortably fit within the gauge it will be placed in the hold and a charge of £25 will be made.
There are no weight restrictions within reasonable limits the criteria being that you are able to place the bag in the overhead locker unaided.
In addition to the one piece of hand luggage allowed, passengers may also take on board an overcoat, shawl, umbrella, crutches or walking frame or stick and one bag of goods purchased at the airport shops after passing through security and passport control.
Hand bags, briefcases, laptop cases and shop purchases must be placed inside your hand baggage.
The following dangerous articles are not permitted whether in cabin or hold baggage
- Gas cylinders. Deeply refrigerated flammable, non-flammable, and poisonous gases such as butane, oxygen, propane, and aqualung cylinders. Includes butane gas (eg for use with heated hair appliances) camping gas, and chef’s blow torches•
- Flammable liquids and solids such as lighter or heater fuels, paint, and matches (except one box of matches or one refillable cigarette lighter as provided below). Please note that passengers may only carry on their person one box of safety matches or one refillable cigarette lighter. These must be carried on the person and are NOT permitted in cabin baggage or in hold baggage. Disposable lighters are NOT permitted.
- Poisons such as insecticides, weed killers, arsenic, and cyanide.
- Radioactive material, oxidising materials, and organic peroxides such as bleaches and fibreglass repair kits.
- Firearms and explosives. Handguns, automatic weapons, munitions, ammunitions including blank cartridges, pistol caps, fireworks, flares, smoke canisters, and crackers. Note: As an exception, sporting/competition firearms and a maximum of 5kgs of ammunition (UN0012 or UN0014) may be carried in hold luggage with appropriate paperwork, subject to available space, if declared at check-in and securely boxed or packaged. Please note ammunition must be packed as part of passenger hold baggage and separated from firearms. Passengers checking in firearms must check in at least 90 minutes prior to the scheduled time of departure. (see note 1 above).
- Infectious substances such as bacteria and viruses.
- Corrosives such as mercury, acids, alkalis, and wet-cell batteries.
In addition to the list of dangerous articles highlighted above, the following articles must not be carried on board either on the person or as cabin baggage
- Guns, Firearms and Weapons
- Toys or replica guns (plastic or metal)
- Catapults, cross bows, harpoons
- All firearms and component part of firearms
- Signal flare pistols, starter pistols, air pistols, rifles and pellet guns
- Industrial bolt and nail guns
- Animal humane killers, stun or shocking devices
- Lighters shaped like firearms
- Pointed / edged Weapons and Sharp Objects:
- Axes, hatchets, arrows, darts
- Crampons, harpoons, spears, ice axes and ice picks
- Ice skates
- Meat Cleavers
- Household cutlery
- Knives with blades of any length and machetes
- Ski and walking / hiking poles
- Razor blades and Scalpels
- Tradesmen’s tools
- Sabres, swords and swordsticks
- Hypodermic syringes (unless supported by medical evidence)
- Blunt Instruments:
- Knitting needles
- Sporting bats
- Billiard, snooker or pool cues
- Lacrosse and hockey sticks
- Kayak and canoe paddles
- Fishing rods
- Martial arts equipment
In addition to the list of dangerous articles highlighted above, the following articles are not permitted to be carried on an easyJet aircraft.
- Explosives and Flammable Substances:
- Ammunition, explosives and explosive devices
- Blasting caps
- Detonators and fuses
- Replica or imitation explosive material or devices
- Mines and other explosive military stores
- Fireworks, flares and other pyrotechnics
- Grenades, smoke generating canisters or cartridges
- Flammable liquids of any kind
- Aerosol spray paint, turpentine and paint thinner
- Alcoholic beverages exceeding 70% by volume
- Chemical and toxic substances:
- Acids and alkalis, corrosive or bleaching substances
- Disabling or incapacitating sprays
- Radioactive material
- Poisons, infectious or biological hazardous material
- Fire extinguishers
This list is not exhaustive, please contact Easyjet if you have any queries on 0843 104 5454 from the UK or +44 843 1035454 if outside the UK.